- About Textron
- Investor Relations
- Stock Information
- Events & Presentations
- Financial Reports
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
- RSS Feeds
Textron Leadership Development Program
If you are a highly motivated, high-performing individual, consider our Leadership Development Program (LDP). Our Leadership Development Program (LDP) demonstrates our commitment to developing talent and our belief that moving talent across our businesses is fundamental to personal and professional growth. The program features a structured mix of challenging work experiences within your functional area, cross-company movement, dedicated training, mentoring relationships and interactions with leaders around the company. Ultimately, our Leadership Development Program is designed to accelerate your development as a professional—and as a potential future leader in the company.
The chance to experience multiple businesses.
As an LDP participant, by rotating through our different companies, you gain first-hand knowledge of the businesses that comprise Textron. At each leg of the journey, you build a set of professional skills and a network of colleagues that will benefit you throughout your career. Graduates of the program have moved into positions throughout our businesses across the country and around the globe—always with the confidence that they are well prepared to meet the challenges of a dynamic, fast-moving organization.
Here is a summary of the six functional areas of the program. If you’d like more information about a particular LDP program, each bold header is clickable.
|Integrated Supply Chain||Engineering||Human Resources||Information Technology||Finance||Marketing & Sales|
|Program Duration (years)||2||2||2||2||2||2|
|# of Rotations||4||2||2||2||2||2|
|Rotation Length (months)||6||12||12||12||12||12|
A quick snapshot of the typical LDP candidate:
There are a few characteristics that stand out in our Leadership Development Program candidates. See if this sounds like you. You:
- Demonstrate a real passion for what you do.
- Have a track record of strong academic performance and relevant work experiences.
- Perform as a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Move comfortably to a new area and assimilate quickly.
- Adapt and respond quickly to change.
- Possess strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Deliver high quality results, on time, all the time.
- Seek new challenges and business environments.
- Remain open to a variety of assignments within your function.