PEOPLE ARE THE FOUNDATION OF OUR SUCCESS
Fostering a work environment in which each employee feels valued, respected and able to contribute fully is central to how we do business and critical to our success. Textron and its business units understand the importance of diversity - that it enhances our company, stimulates innovation and creativity and provides opportunities for our growth and advancement. We also have a continued commitment to talent development by attracting and retaining the very best people who can make a positive impact on our businesses - and making sure we are utilizing all the talent in our company.
At the core of Textron's talent strategy lies a commitment to our people. We know the value of aligning the right talent with our business objectives and drive enterprise success through the following four focus areas:
- Attract & Retain - Developing our talent pipeline to ensure that we have the right people in the right places through purposeful hiring, challenging and rewarding assignments and internal movement of talent.
- Manage & Motivate - Fostering a climate to communicate clear performance expectations and reward outstanding performance.
- Build Capabilities - Helping employees develop the skills, knowledge and experience needed to contribute to Textron's success.
- Develop Careers and Talent - Succession planning across the enterprise and improving mobility among business units to evolve employees' careers.
Fostering Diversity Throughout Textron
Textron promotes an inclusive environment where our employees are respected, have opportunities to grow professionally and can contribute fully to our common goals, regardless of differences.
At Textron, diversity is embraced – among employees, ideas and styles. We enthusiastically support Employee Network Groups (ENGs) to engage the cultures, communities, and lives of all our employees. These groups offer opportunities for professional growth and development as well as shared communication and ideas. They also add to Textron’s standing as a global leader.
Our ENGs include:
- Asian Employees Association (AEA)
- Bell African Ancestry Network Group (BAANG)
- Bell's Veteran Association (VORTEX)
- LA VIDA (Latin Association for Values, Interaction, Development and Assistance)
- PROfessionals for the Development and Integration of Generation Y Employees (PRODIGY)
- Women's Leadership Forum (WLF)
- Leadership Education and Development Association (LEAD)
- Plane Talk Toastmasters
- Flying Club
- Flyers Cycling Group
- Women's Informal Network Group (WING)
- Green Team
- New Hires Activity Group
- The Women's Network
- Systems Harnessing Inclusiveness, Excellence & Leadership Development (SHIELD)
- Diversity Committee at Lycoming
- Women's Leadership Forum
- Textron Face-to-Face