GIVING BACK TO OUR COMMUNITIES
Textron is committed to responsible corporate citizenship and helping improve the quality of life in communities where our employees live and work. The Textron Charitable Trust provides philanthropic support for nonprofit agencies that align with our giving focus and involve the volunteer efforts of our employees.
To make the most effective use of Textron resources, we focus our philanthropic giving in the following areas:
Workforce Development and Education
Textron is committed to helping prepare both adults and young people to achieve gainful employment and ultimately, success in the workplace. We support education programs from middle school to higher education and a variety of innovative job training programs for people of all ages and socio-economic backgrounds.
Specifically, in this area we focus on:
- Job Training and Employment Development - including school-to-work and welfare-to-work programs, job training for underserved audiences, literacy and ESL (English as a Second Language) programs
- Enrichment and Mentoring Programs for Youth - such as quality after-school programs and youth development programs
- College/University Support - including scholarships and internships for women and minorities (with emphasis on technology, manufacturing and engineering)
Healthy Families/Vibrant Communities
An important complement to educational opportunities is the support of arts and culture, community revitalization and health and human service programs. This area allows Textron to fund a variety of programs, initiatives and organizations that are important to the quality of life in the communities where we have a business presence.
Specifically, we focus on:
- Arts and Culture - with emphasis on outreach programs that enhance learning and target low and moderate income individuals
- Community Revitalization - such as affordable housing and economic development in low-income areas
- Health and Human Service Organizations - such as food pantries, homeless shelters, health education and services for low-income residents
Responsible corporate citizenship also means both volunteerism at and sponsorship of worthwhile events that benefit the communities where our employees live and work. At Textron, our alignment with cause-related events and activities is an essential part of giving back and is reflected across the entire enterprise. Apply for an event sponsorship.
Our Corporate Responsibility Report summarizes our activities to minimize our company’s impact on the environment, champion the health, safety and career development of our employees, and steer our business on the right legal and ethical course.
2019 Textron Charitable Giving
Grants and Event Sponsorships
Making a positive impact on our local communities around the globe where we do business is an important pillar of our corporate mission. We support organizations that share our concerns and areas of focus. To apply for a grant or event sponsorship, complete this online form.
The Textron Charitable Trust
The Textron Charitable Trust is a private, nonprofit foundation sponsored by Textron Inc. The Trust provides philanthropic support for nonprofit agencies that focus on workforce development, education, arts and culture, community revitalization, and health and human service programs where Textron has a business presence.