Our Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
Personal Data We Collect:
The types of information we collect, retain and use include the following:
- Site Use Information: In general, you can visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers collect the domain names, not the email addresses, of visitors.
- Registration Information You Provide To Us: When you visit our site we may collect profile information from you ("Personally Identifiable Information") when you request certain Textron Inc. materials including corporate logo and photos, printed annual reports, proxy statements, form 10-K and earnings webcasts. We require that you provide the following Personally Identifiable Information:
- Your first and last name;
- Email address
- Other information as requested in the applicable registration pages.
At your option you may voluntarily provide additional information, including address and phone number. Although you may choose not to provide the optional information to us, it may result in some features not being available to you.
How Long We Keep Your Information: The criteria used to determine the period of storage of Personal Data is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for business continuity, the fulfillment or initiation of a contract or other valid legal purposes.
Why we Collect the Information and Your Personal Data:
- Site Use Information: This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. Textron utilizes this information ("behavior profiles") to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content we offer.
When providing your name and email address on the Contact Us form on our website an email is generated to respond to you. The Contact Us log file data is deleted after a period of 12 months.
Provision of the website and creation of logfiles
Every time our website is accessed, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the calling computer. Here, the following data is collected:
- Information about the browser type and version used
- The IP address of the user
- Date and time of access
The data is also stored in the log files of our system. Storage of this data together with other personal data of the user does not take place.
The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to allow delivery of the website to the computer of the user. Therefore the user's IP address must be kept for the duration of the session. Storage in log files is done to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, the data is used to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context.
Because of the nature of our business, our products and services are not designed to appeal to minors, and therefore we do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children. Our terms and conditions of use require that any registration may only be made by those age 18 or older and that any product or service purchases may only be made by those age 18 or older. If we have reason to believe that information is being provided by a child under the age of 18, Textron Inc. will not collect the information without parental consent or parent notification, which will include the opportunity for the parent to prevent the use of the information or to prevent the child's participation in the activity. Without parental consent, online information will only be used to respond to an unsolicited request and for no other purposes. We recognize that protecting children's identities and privacy online is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with both the online industry and with parents.
Restrictions on Disclosing Information to Third Parties
We are not in the business of selling your Personal Data to others.
- Site Use Information: We may share with third parties experiential information or other data which does not personally identify users of our site. For example, this might include product or service preferences of all visitors to our site.
- Personal Data: We do not reveal Personal Data about you to unaffiliated third parties, unless:
- you request or authorize it;
- the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets); or
- the information is provided to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (e.g., analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, etc.).
Security Procedures to Protect Information
We maintain numerous security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information about you. Our site uses a combination of encryption technology and authentication to protect your Personal Data. As long as the web browser you are using supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), your information will be submitted to us with a high level of security. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We have procedures limiting employee access to Personally Identifiable Information to those employees who have a business reason to know such information about you.
It is also important for you to help protect against unauthorized access by signing off of our Site each time you finish using the Site.
Inapplicability of Privacy Policies of any Linked Sites or Other Parties
Region Specific Disclosures
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- If you are a resident of the State of California in the United States, please click here for additional California-specific privacy disclosures.
Your Rights to the Information we Collect
This Privacy Notice is intended to provide you with information about what personal data is collected about you on this site and how it is used. If you wish to confirm the processing of your personal data, or to have access to the personal data that this site may have about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also request information about: the purpose of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly to the site); and how long it will be stored. You have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by the site if it is inaccurate. You may request the site erase that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You may also request we cease using your data for direct marketing purposes. When technically feasible, Textron will—at your request—provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another controller.
Reasonable access to your personal data will be provided at no cost upon request made to email@example.com. If access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, we will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
How to Contact Us with Questions About this Policy
To contact us regarding any questions about this site you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.