FOCUSED ON A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
An important part of our mission is to minimize the environmental impact of our business operations. At the same time, we are committed to maintaining and enhancing the wellbeing of our employees.
Our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) performance goal is one of continuous improvement. Each year we work to improve workplace safety and the health of our employees and to lessen our impact on the environment. We measure our progress across our business units against global operational policies and standards. We also encourage our business units to reinforce our goals by developing programs tailored to their culture and work environment.
We remain focused on achieving our ultimate vision of zero injuries and zero adverse environmental impact.
TEXTRON’S ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY FRAMEWORK
Textron’s EHS Vision and Operating Principles arise from our company values of integrity, respect, trust and the pursuit of excellence in all relationships with customers, employees, business partners, suppliers, shareholders, the community and the environment.
Our EHS Vision:
We are committed to the health and safety of our employees, contractors, and communities. We will actively champion environmentally sound practices and safe behaviors. We will continuously improve our processes, require individual accountability and demonstrate leadership to strive for zero injuries, eliminate adverse environmental impacts, and contribute positively to the communities in which we operate.
Our EHS Operating Principles:
- No job or activity is worth risking injury
- All injuries and environmental incidents are preventable
- Working safely and in an environmentally responsible manner is a condition of employment
- Each of us is responsible for the safe behavior of ourselves and others
- Environmental, Health and Safety is led by senior management, implemented by line management, with each level accountable to the one above and responsible for the one below
- We will design and integrate Environmental, Health and Safety into our products, our facilities and into our management process
- All employees will be provided the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to work safely
- Strong environmental, health and safety performance is good business
To read more about Textron's commitment and our progress on key performance measures please see our Corporate Responsibility Report.