Scope of Notice
This California Privacy Notice (“CA Notice”) supplements the information contained in our Privacy Notice and applies solely to individual residents of the State of California (“consumers” or “you”).
This CA Notice describes how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal data of individual residents of the State of California within the scope of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
When we use the term “personal data” in this CA Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household in California.
For the purposes of this CA Notice, personal data does not include:
- Publicly available information
- Deidentified, aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or linked to a consumer
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data
- Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA) and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Information relating to job applicants can be found here.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
Textron collects personal data from and about consumers for a variety of purposes. To learn more about the types of personal information we collect and the purposes for which we use this information, please refer to the Our Collection and Use of Your Personal Information section in our Privacy Notice.
In the last 12 months, the following categories of personal data may have been collected or used:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, phone number, email address or other similar identifiers
- Commercial Information, such as your use of our services and products
- Gender and ethnicity: As necessary to comply with legal obligations, including: the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act (EEOC), the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors) and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act and to report on diversity and inclusion.
- Internet/Network Information, such as your IP address, browser, or device information
- Professional/Employment Information, such as your employing entity, business unit, manager, and management reporting structure, job title, function and the nature or your duties and responsibilities.
- Other Personal Data, such as information you directly provide to us when you register for our Textron.com website
Sources of Collecting Personal Data
- Directly from you;
- From your browser or device;
- Third-Party service providers; and
- Business Partners and affiliates
Purposes For Collecting Personal Data
We may collect, use or disclose personal information about you for one ore more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- To market our products to you, including through email
- To help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services, technology assets and business
- To protect the health and safety of our personnel and visitors to our premises
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations
Disclosure of Personal Data
In the previous 12 months, we have disclosed all of the categories of personal data we collect, explained in the Restrictions on Disclosing Information to Third Parties section of our privacy notice.
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal data about you that we have collected (subject to certain exceptions):
- The right to access/know – You have the right to request any or all of the following information relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity, and subject to certain exceptions at law
- The right to request deletion – You have the right to request the deletion of personal data we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions
- The right to opt out of personal data sales – Textron does not sell personal data; however you have the right to direct us not to sell personal data we have collected about you to third parties now or in the future.
- The right to non-discrimination – You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising these rights. However, please note that is the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process personal data (such as a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you our products and services or engage with you in the same manner.
How to Exercise Your California Consumer Rights
To exercise your rights, please submit a request with the subject line “California Rights Request.” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request.In order to verify your identity, we will generally require the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems.Although we will try to limit the personal data collected in connection with the request, certain requests may require us to obtain additional personal data from you.In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise your rights, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity.
If you have questions or requests with this CA Notice please email email@example.com